Information from Arcam regarding the tender by GE
As earlier announced GE has made a public tender to acquire shares in Arcam AB.
For us at Arcam the tender from GE is a strong confirmation that the company we have built, our team together with you and other partners, is a major player in the additive manufacturing industry and an attractive partner to GE.
We appreciate that GE share with us the belief that Additive Manufacturing is a fast growing, strategically important industry and as such a natural next step in GE’s development as a Digital Industrial company. We also see that our strategy and offerings align to GE’s vision of building expertise and capabilities in Additive Manufacturing to serve customers in the global industrial community. GE plans to retain and expand Arcam’s current customer base, in aerospace as well as in orthopedics. GE also intends to keep current locations of Arcam’s operations and to retain current management and employees.
The Board of Arcam has recommended the shareholders to accept the offer.
- GE offers 285 SEK per ordinary share in Arcam
- The Board of Directors of Arcam unanimously recommends that the shareholders of Arcam accept the offer
- GE holds approximately 15+25 = 40 per cent of the total number of outstanding shares and votes in Arcam
- GE extends acceptance period up to and including November 1, 2016
- GE extends the acceptance period to and including November 10
- GE increases the offer to 300 SEK
- Owners Handelsbanken and AP1 accepts the offer
- GE lowers the acceptance condition to 75%
Press release from Arcam regarding Statement by the Board of Arcam in relation to the increased offer by GE of SEK 300 per share
General Electric (GE) is an American multinational corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Boston, USA.
As of 2016, the company operates through the following segments:
Power & Water, Oil and Gas, Aviation, Healthcare, Transportation and Capital which cater to the needs of Financial services, Medical devices, Life Science, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Software Development and Engineering industries.
Offer document (in English)
Erbjudandehandling (in Swedish)
Arcam customer letter on GE offer (in English)
For further information:
Magnus René, CEO and President of Arcam
Cell: +46 702 79 89 99 or +1 781 266 6957
E-mail: *protected email*